Wise Research and Development (R&D) Department
Wise has enrich history over 29 years in Information Technology (IT) as well. Wise is one of pioneer partners of Punjab Information Technology Bard (PITB) from 2001 to onwards & established 38 centers for computer education in Govt. Colleges all over Punjab Like Home Economics College and Diyal Singh College etc. Wise knows the importance of Information Technology (IT). So, its Research & Development (R&D) department works on latest IT trends & technology. Wise R&D department is working with its competent professionals. Mr. Dr. Umer Janjua one of the competent & devoted personalities of Pakistan is also working in Wise R&D department as “IT Consultant.”
Dr. Umer Janjua
He graduated from GIKI with BS in CS engineering in 2001, joined startup “Enabling Technologies” for two years, accepted full PhD scholarship at Cambridge University, UK, joined Microsoft Corporation as Software Engineer in 2008 and worked until 2017.
- Muhammad Umar Janjua. 2015. On Spot system: test impact visibility during code edits in real software. In ACM Proceedings of the 2015 10th Joint Meeting on Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE 2015).
- Muhammad Umar Janjua and A. Mycroft, Automatic Correction to Safety Violations in Programs”, in Thread Verification (TV06), August 20 – 22, 2006, Seattle, WA.
- Janjua, M. Yasin, F. Sher, K. Awan, I. Hassan “CEJVM: “Cluster Enabled Java Virtual Machine”, in IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing (CLUSTER’02), September 23 – 26, 2002, Chicago, Illinois.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Intel Research CASE Award for “Compilers for Program Correctness”
- Commonwealth Scholarship Award for PhD
- Faculty/GIK Medals (Top student in BS Computer Engineering department)
- Patents: Automatic fraudulent digital certificate detection, US Patent: 8966659, Grant, 2015
- Certificate Eval. for Authority Reputation Advising, Publication: 20140359281, Application, 2014
- Advising Clients about Certificate Authority Trust, Publication: 20160036593, Application, 2016
- Certificating Authority Trust Evaluation, Publication: 20140359280, Application, 2014